Build your first Android App in 3 days - Masterclass @ TNDS
Make your mobile app come to life. Bring your UI/UX prototype, revise it with us and learn how to implement it (*).
The masterclass goal is to enable the participants to build their own Android Apps. After this training, the participants should be able to develop their own simple Android Apps, as well as join existing Android teams to implement UI/UX changes. No knowledge of Java programming is required, although some programming experience will help.
Only 10 seats available.
Who is this for
- Designers who want to learn to implement their mobile app designs
- Designers working on existing Android products
- Anyone wanting to kick start their mobile app development skills
- Anyone curious about mobile app development
- Have a simple Android app published on the Google Play Store
- Have the first simple version of your mobile app idea available for download
- Learn the process between design and development of an Android app
- Be more confident about the feasibility of your solutions when designing a mobile app
- Be able to implement UI/UX changes on existing Android apps
This masterclass has 2 main types of tickets:
These tickets will give you access to the first 3 days of the masterclass, from August 21st (Monday) to August 23rd (Wednesday). If you're really busy at work and/or your employer won't allow you to spare a full week for training, this is the perfect ticket for you.
These tickets will give you access to the 5 days of the masterclass, from August 21st (Monday) to August 25th (Friday). The 2 last days will include personalized mentoring from our speakers to help you further develop the masterclass project or any other project you might be working on, a one-to-one feedback session, pro tips and tricks and extra time at The New Digital School!
There are Early Bird prices available, for both ticket types. Only until August 14tt! Don't miss out!
- Material Design concepts
- Presentation and group review of mobile app prototypes by participants
- Quick introduction to Java programming
- Introduction to the Android framework
- Android Studio
- Layouts & Resources
- Layout exercises
- Implementing Material Design
- Saving data (Preferences)
- Integrating with our platforms (API integration)
- Listing content (RecyclerView)
- Sharing content with other apps
- Additional features (depending on the students? projects)
- Getting the user location
- Displaying maps information
- Camera photos
- Push notifications
- Publishing on the Google Play Store
4th & 5th days (only accessible to the 5-days ticket holders)
Pre-work suggested (*)
Ideally, you should come to the masterclass already with an app concept to implement, together with its UI/UX designs. Concepts should be simple, 1?2 main use cases, that translate into 3?4 screens. Examples:
- Show top 10 Reddit stories of the day
- Check-in on concerts
- Get a Spotify playlist recommendation
- Note saving app
You?ll be asked to send us a text with your app concept, together with a short description of each app screen, until August 16. (*) We?ll check with you if it fits the masterclass scope. And it will also help us adjust the masterclass contents to everyone?s goals.
(*) Note: Don?t worry if you don?t have an application concept/design to build during the masterclass! We?ll have an extra app concept ready for you to work on.
Cláudia Acabado and Sérgio Santos are the founders of Bloco, a product development studio focused on Android apps. From working with startups and building our own products, we learned the hard way how a product development process should be like. We like solving problems creatively, but we enjoy more finishing with a product people need and are able to use. If they have a remarkable experience with it, that?s the cherry on top.
Cláudia was previously visual designer at Nourish Care. Sérgio Santos was previously head of software development at Nourish Care and founder and developer at Bundlr.
Know more about Bloco at https://www.bloco.io
Don't miss out on this opportunity to join Cláudia, Sérgio and The New Digital School for this week of intensive work and lots of fun!
- The New Digital School reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, if necessary. We don?t believe in formatted education. The masterclass schedule is supposed to be taken as a guideline and it might change during the week, depending on the students' interests, needs and pace.
- Meals are not included in the masterclass price.