Le Wagon Coding Workshop Day (complete beginners)
Le Wagon Lisbon is inviting you to a free coding day on Friday 21st July 2017 to give you a taste of what it's like to build your own tech products from scratch.
If you?re interested, please RSVP and we?ll be in touch with more info.
Le Wagon is Europe's leading coding school for entrepreneurs and creative people. Described by TechCrunch as "quietly becoming a major coding bootcamp in Europe". Having launched just 3 years ago with just ?1,000 and raised no funding to date, they?re present in 20 cities worldwide, with over 50 startups in operation, a handful have raised over ?1M and others are raising up to ?250,000. This will explain why the highest ranking on course report.
Having recently partnered with HEC in Paris, Le Wagon is the first entrepreneurs coding bootcamp to be offered by a business school as part of their masters curriculum.
Schedule for Friday 21st July 2017
1100 -1230 - Design and mockup your own tech product with Shannon Graybill
1230 - 1330 - Break for lunch
1330 - 1530 - Building Landing Page from Scratch Mafalda Sequiera
1530 - 1630 - Git and GitHub for beginners with João Viana
1630 - 1800 - RUBY course with Codecademy - 30 min lecture by Carlos Mendes, followed by 1 hour of Ruby coding with Carlos and Shannon as teachers
1800 onwards - TGIF at Beta-i!!!
Oh and... BRING YOUR LAPTOP! :)
Detail of each session
Design and mockup your own tech product:
What you'll do:
- Define your app's use case, and find the angle that makes you different.
- Define your user's journey
- Zoning: Time to draw rectangles to organize the info you display on each page. Using Keynote or Sketch!
- Build your mockup with Sketch or Keynote and prototype them using marvelapp
Build your own landing page from scratch:
What you'll learn:
- Guided carefully through HTML / CSS basics
- Shown lots of graphical tips and tools
- Introduced to Bootstrap and its grid system
Git and Github for beginners:
You've heard about Git and GitHub and you know that's a hot topic right now for developers? You'd like to finally know what's a 'commit', a 'push' or a 'conflict'? Come!
- Init a repo
- Do some commits, on master
- Introduce the concept of branches
- Push the code on GitHub (with remotes)
- Talk about team collaboration and Pull Requests
- **Bonus: Put your website online in 10 seconds with GitHub Pages
RUBY course with Codecademy:
30 minute introduction to Ruby, followed by 2.5 hours of coding with the Codecademy Ruby track.